The information below is subject to change at any time. (DEPARTURE TRANSFER INFORMATION HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF October 7, 2018).
AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION – GENERAL INFORMATION
Complimentary round-trip airport transportation is available to all guests accommodated at the Grand Hyatt Beijing on October 10th and 11th (arrivals) and October 14th and 15th (departures). All flight information must be provided via the registration system in order to secure arrangements in advance. Transportation may be delayed or unable to be guaranteed if advance notification of need is not provided.
Transportation questions in Beijing can be directed to Ms. Rebecca Zhang, + 86 1391 183 7368. ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Special VIP Transfers
Special transfers have been arranged for our VIP guests and some members of their delegations, by request, based on their arrivals and departures from Beijing between October 9th and 16th as provided within the registration system. Transfer dates vary, and VIP guests should adhere to the general procedures above for both arrivals and departures. It is the responsibility of the VIP guest (and/or their staff) to be aware of the special departure time and contact the McDonnell Academy at email@example.com should any changes in flight times occur.
WHAT TO EXPECT UPON ARRIVAL
Beijing Capital International Airport has multiple terminals.
- ALL Guests will be met by Symposium guides at the Luggage Hall exits at all terminals, and can be easily identified by Symposium signage.
- Guides will escort arriving guests to a waiting/rest area before being escorted to transport vehicles. Transfers will depart approximately every 45-60 minutes, depending upon grouped arrivals.
- Symposium participants NOT accommodated at the Grand Hyatt may take transportation to the Grand Hyatt and secure their own transportation to their hotel, provided flight information has been provided.
- Please note early October is the busiest time of year in Beijing, and traffic flows as a result of heavy transit may cause delays in transfer departures to the Grand Hyatt Beijing. Guests who do not wish to wait for transfer service can be accommodated by taxi cabs at their own expense. Symposium guides can provide assistance to the taxi station, if necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT UPON DEPARTURE (Updated as of October 7, 2018)
For general participants, transfers from the Grand Hyatt Beijing will begin on October 14th at 15th.
- DEPARTURE TRANSFERS FROM THE GRAND HYATT WILL DEPART EVERY THREE HOURS BEGINNING 6:00AM – 9:00PM on October 14th and from 5:00AM – 5:00PM on October 15th. Click on the link below to access the full shuttle schedule for departure transfers.
- Signage and transfer guides will be available in the hotel lobby to direct to departure points and vehicles.
- Kindly note that departure transfer vehicles will stop at Terminal 2 first, then Terminal 3, if there are participants on board departing from the different terminals. Guests should confirm the number of their terminal. Upon arrival at Beijing Capital airport, guests are on their own to get to airline counters for check-in, and processing through customs, security, baggage screening, etc. to eventually arrive at the departure gate. There are no staff to assist guests at Beijing Capital Airport.
- Symposium participants NOT accommodated at the Grand Hyatt may take shuttle transfers to the airport from the Grand Hyatt.
- If participants are attending a workshop between 9:00AM – 12:00PM on the campus of Tsinghua University and depart from Beijing – Capital International at 3:30PM or later, a shuttle will depart campus promptly at 12:30PM for the airport.
- If participants are attending a workshop ending at 5:00PM and depart from Beijing – Capital International at 8:15PM or later, a shuttle will depart campus promplty at 5:15PM.
- Campus and transportation guides will assist with locating the proper shuttles. Symposium attendees must bring their luggage with them which will be stored on the departure shuttle during the workshops.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to make themselves aware of the shuttle departure times and locations, and determine what transportation options is best given their departing flight time.
- Symposium transportation coordinators are not monitoring individual departures in order to remind participants to depart for the airport.
LOCAL TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM SYMPOSIUM EVENTS
- Transportation between the Grand Hyatt and Tsinghua University is available on October 12 and 14 (schedules are available on the Symposium website under “Transportation & Parking” and will be available in the Symposium program.
- Participants will be expected to walk between some social event and meal venues on October 12 and 13; however, special transport is available is necessary. Staff available at registration and guest services areas, and stationed throughout venues can direct guests to special transports if needed.
- At any time transport is taken, please board 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled shuttle departure time.
- Guests not accommodated at the Grand Hyatt may take the shuttles as needed.
- Click below to access the daily transport schedule.
LOCAL ATTENDEE PARKING
Grand Hyatt Beijing – October 11 and 13
The hotel will provide parking vouchers to all the local attendees that can be obtained at registration. Parking is available in the Beijing Oriental Plaza underground parking lot which is linked with the mall.
Beijing Hong Kong Jockey Club (private event) – October 11
Local guests may park their cars at the underground second floor parking lot of the Jockey Club. Fees apply.
Tsinghua University – October 11 and 14
Local guests may enter campus through the main entrance of the university (which is the southeast gate). Parking is available in the lot in front of the Art Gallery. Fees apply.
NUO Beijing Hotel
For directional purposes:
Beijing Hotel NUO Golden Hall
33 E Chang’an Ave,
DongDan, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing
Local guests may park at the parking lot in front of Building C of the NUO Beijing hotel. Fees apply.
For advance inquiries regarding special transportation arrangements, please contact the McDonnell Academy.