information provided to assist with the process of obtaining a visa to the australia is to be utilized for informational purposes only.
Specific guidelines and visa application procedures relative to various international regions should be provided by an authorized visa processing service or appropriate Australian government official.
OBTAINING A VISA – GENERAL TIPS
- All visitors to Australia must have a valid visa.
- Determine which visa may be applicable at the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
- Apply for your visa at least six weeks prior to your travel.
- Consider Australia’s health and character requirements which must be met as part of the visa application process.
- If you are ineligible to apply for an eVisitor or ETA, please make sure you obtain confirmation of your registration (available after June 2016) or a letter of invitation to attached to your visa application.
- Paper-based applications should be handled by an official Australian visa processing location within/nearest to your current country of residence.
LETTER OF INVITATION REQUESTS
- If you require a letter of invitation, please submit a request using the form below. IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OR STATEMENTS THAT MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR LETTER (i.e., financial support arrangments, hotel/lodging details), YOU MUST PROVIDE THE SPECIFIC DETAILS IN YOUR INITIAL REQUEST as we cannot guarantee processing of updated letters due to the volume of requests received.
- The Government of Australia requires that the McDonnell Academy affirm the attendance of all individuals requesting a letter prior to processing. For this reason, all requests MUST contain the name and email of a known representative of a McDonnell Academy partner (international office contact, President’s office staff, or faculty or staff colleague). This contact may NOT be the requestor.
- This request does not guarantee processing. If verification of your attendance cannot be provided, you will be contacted.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for processing of an electronic letter (emailed). If an original version is required (original signatures), extended processing time must be allowed as the letter must be signed by representatives in both the U.S. and Australia. It is highly recommended that you confirm the absolute necessity of the original version with your visa processing authority due to the extensive processing time expected and needed. As email correspondence is preferable to mail, especially internationally, processing services, Consular offices, etc. may permit an emailed, printed version of the letter.
- Questions regarding the above should be emailed to the McDonnell Academy.